Orange Electric provides electrical outlet repair and replacement services to homes and businesses across greater Salt Lake City, UT. We've invested in making your residential and commercial properties safe. We also upgrade house wiring and outlets to meet all safety standards and codes.
Contact us to discuss your electrical maintenance needs, and be sure to read our customer reviews to get a good sense of our longstanding reputation for excellence.
The Importance of Electrical Outlet Repair and Replacement
When electrical outlets become faulty:
- They stop supplying power
- They become hazardous
Outlets get old, cracked, and hot after powering your appliances. Your receptacles could be hazardous if they show visible damages as they wear out and break down.
Don't ever take chances if you suspect your outlets are faulty. Inspect them thoroughly, and replace them immediately.
Routine electrical maintenance will boost the lifespan of your home. It prevents electrical issues that damage property or harm your physical well-being. Regularly replacing faulty or ineffective outlets:
- Lowers your utility bills
- Makes your electrical system safer
- Prevents power surges
- Prolongs the lifespan of your electrical appliances
What Are the Signs You Need Electrical Outlet Repair and Replacement?
You can prevent extensive damage to your electrical system with regular outlet replacements. Faulty outlets can cause electrocutions and electrical fires. Some of the signs that your outlets are defective include:
- Loose outlets: Loose outlets could indicate loose connections, which cause fires and severe electrocutions.
- Smoke coming from the outlet: Smoke is a dangerous sign that could cause electrical fires and bring down your building.
- Unusual noises: Unusual noises within electrical outlets mean there's resistance within circuits, perhaps due to joining wires with appliances of different temperature ratings.
- Inconsistent energy flow: Inconsistent flow could cause your appliances to overheat, malfunction, or blow out their fuses.
- Burn marks on the wall: You need urgent repairs or replacement of electrical outlets if you observe burn marks on the wall. The receptacles could be causing short-circuiting, and a fire is likely to erupt.
Learn more about electrical safety within your home from our Orange Electric blog!
The Safest Electrical Outlets for Your Building
Be sure to upgrade when you're replacing old outlets. The safest outlets include:
- Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI)
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI)
- USB receptacles
AFCI outlets prevent arcing faults that cause fires and appliance malfunction. Arcing faults are prevalent in Utah homes with outdated wiring.
GFCI receptacles will automatically cut off power during electrical surges. They have sensors that detect changes in current from the supply and into the electrical appliances. These outlets are most suitable for wet rooms like kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry rooms.
Homeowners and employees in commercial buildings frequently use modern devices, most of which are USB compatible. Thus, USB compatibility replaces the need for charging blocks. Call us if you'd like more convenience while charging your tablets, smartphones, and power banks.